Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Vote for cards

"June 17, 1990:  Nancy had little toe surgery.
June 21, 1990:  Martha called from Lois B's.
June 22, 1990:  Arlene R. helped put the Centennial quilt in the frame."

Well, I must say Grandma didn't give me much to go with here.  If I knew more about Nancy's little toe surgery, I would go on and on with details about that.  However, I am just going to pick a topic of my own.

Back in the day, our family played a lot of cards after family meals.  I mean a lot.  The games I remember most are Manipulation, and 99, and Squeak.  We also played Kings Wild and Tripoly.  I vote that we get back to more cards.  They are good for the mind, keep people (especially me) from munching on the leftovers too much, and I think I have read that laughter is good for the digestion.

I don't know if the photo was taken on a day when we played cards, but I love how Bill and Grandma look soooo thrilled to be sitting next to each other.  And an ashtray!!  The horror!  I can't remember the last time there was one of those on the table at a family event.  Granted, there is a little bit of smoking that goes on outside the house, but not inside.

1 comment:

  1. The "little toe surgery" was in fact having my hammer toes fixed (little toes) on both feet. Lynn and Kyleah took me to the foot doctor and home after. I remember that when they came to take me home they brought me some flowers. I thought that was so sweet of them. I got to walk around in those horrible ugly wooden clogs for what seemed forever. Not a fun experience but at least my toes didn't hurt anymore.

    ReplyDelete