Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday recipe and church

"February 15, 1990:  Snow.
February 16, 1990:  No Pinochle Club.
February 18, 1990:  The LCW had charge of church since pastors were on vacation.  Dorothy Jo, Lila and I had charge -- I read the sermon.  Greta and I went shopping in Norfolk in p.m."

Anna copied the recipe for me a long time ago, back when she didn't know how to spell 'chocolate'.  I don't know what the rectangle drawing is -- maybe it's a Rice Krispie bar.  No directions, but I guess just melt and stir and spread over cooled bars.  I don't know why I don't make this more often.  It's tasty!

I can believe Grandma did the sermon at church that Sunday.  Not that others couldn't or wouldn't, but she had a good measured voice for reading and wasn't shy about it.  Or didn't act like she was anyway.  Dale's senior class had her as their commencement speaker in 1977.  Somewhere I have a cassette tape of Grandma practicing.  I don't remember what her speech was all about, but I remember being there and being proud that they chose her for that special occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment