Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Birthday parties decades apart

"February 4, 1990:  Nancy, Mary, Rick, Dale, Dane, Bill, Jayson, Jayme, Dorothy Jo, Johanna, Irene and Greta were here for my birthday -- soup (4 kinds), and sandwiches, cake, ice cream.  Nancy and I rode to Lincoln with Dale and Dane.  I went to Tom's."

Some of those same people were at a birthday party for me this last weekend.  Two of Grandma's guests were kids aged 10 years and 17 months at the time.  They are now 40 and 23 years old.  Three people at Grandma's party are no longer with us, but nine at my party either were not yet born or not known to me back in 1990.  So time goes on and families shift and change, but birthday parties are always fun.  Especially when there is good conversation with cake and ice cream on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment