Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What a bash!


"June 25, 1994:  Nancy did some odd jobs for me.
June 26, 1994:  To church.
June 27, 1994:  To Dannebrog -- very interesting.  Nancy went home from there.  Raymond drove.
June 29, 1994:  To Greta's in evening for her birthday.  Dorothy Jo, Frances C., Jean, Marjorie, Helen, John, Raymond, Marina, Howard and I there."

In reading ahead a bit, I believe I know why so many out-of-towners were at Mom's for her birthday, but still!  That's quite a bunch to entertain on your birthday.  Hope somebody else brought the cake. 

I have been to Dannebrog a few times.  Always had to stop at Harriet's to eat.  I wonder if she is still there.  She was getting a little bit up in years but very engaging and energetic so far as I could tell.  Always had a nice time chatting with her a little bit.  Bought her cookbook, too.

I thought I had scanned the photo from the family ancestry book that had Grandpa and Grandma Iversen and their children in it, but apparently that is not the case.  I thought with several branches of that family at Mom's party, it would have been quite appropriate.  Instead, here is Wilma holding Mom, and Dorothy Jo holding Ronnie.  With Wilma dying young, I don't think I will have many chances to use her picture by tying her in with something Grandma wrote.  She is quite lovely here and quite enthralled with Mom.  And that is only right since when Mom was a little girl she adored Wilma in that way that littler girls are enchanted with older girls they find pretty and grownup and everything they want to be some day.  Apparently Dorothy Jo thinks Ronnie or someone off-camera is pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment