Wednesday, October 24, 2012

More baseball


"July 15, 1994:  Greta and I went to Lincoln after her work day.  I stayed with Nancy.
July 16, 1994:  Nancy took me shopping.  Greta and Dale's went to Kansas City to a ball game -- Greta's Christmas present from Dale's.
July 17, 1994:  Nancy took me to a Sears store in p.m.  Mary and family came over in p.m.  Got back to Winside after 10:00."

I remember going to Kansas City for a Royals game when I was in junior high.  I think a pretty large bunch of us went down.  I also think that was the trip when we got lost in detours but Mom pulled us out of our apparent going-around-in-circle pattern.  I do know the Royals played the Yankees; I have been to two major league games, that one and one in New York and so have seen the Yankees both times.  At the New York game I won some prizes from Canon (it was Canon Camera Day) because of the serial number on the camera I had borrowed from Aunt Irene.  I think I still have some of my treasures -- the Canon visor and camera strap at least.  That was when I was in Syracuse for legal assistant training.  Kim and I went down to a game with tickets I won from WPIX.  Missed a Don Mattingly home run because I was collecting my goodies and getting my photo taken.

But back to 1994.  I imagine a fun time was had by Mom and the Bowder clan.  And it seems Grandma had a productive visit (shopping) and an enjoyable visit (got to see me).  So, to use an over-used phrase -- it was all good.

This photo wasn't from a trip to Kansas City, but I am about the same age as the trip we made when I was in junior high.  The socks and hat are great, I think.  I put that hat on the lamb I showed at the Wayne County Fair when I was an honorary Benshoof daughter.  Not during the showing, of course, but Martian was stylin' when he was wearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment