Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Monday, Schmonday


"In June sometime, new carpet installed on front porch and front steps.
June 16, 1994:  Got a permanent.  Nancy came in evening.
June 17, 1994:  Nancy cleaned front room and living room.
June 18, 1994:  1 1/2 inches of rain in early morning.  Lightning struck the TV.  Bill, Jenny, Jayme here for dinner for Father's Day.  They took the TV to Norfolk to be repaired."

Well, okay it not Monday anymore but maybe I can get two posts in today and be caught up to my self-imposed schedule.

Glad I wasn't there when the lightning struck so close.  I do not think I would have enjoyed that.

Yikes.  I am drawing a major blank here.  I have nothing coming to mind to wax poetic about, so will close.  But as I've probably said before, excitement isn't always good so in a way it is nice that most of Grandma's posts are fairly, dare I say it, mundane.

Here is a photo of Uncle Nels (Little Grandma's brother) and Grandpa's dad, Peter, toasting to mundane events.

3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy what is in this blog, the pics and Mrs. Iversen's entries, and text.
    Jim H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much, Jim. When I ran across Grandma's little journals I thought it a shame to just close them up in the box again and that's how this all got started. I am glad you enjoy both Grandma and my ramblings. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if these guys are toasting something mundane or not, but they sure look like they are having fun. I always loved this picture - not exactly sure why. Just very interesting.

    ReplyDelete