Monday, October 8, 2012

Drawing names for Christmas


"April 3, 1994:  Easter Sunday at Tom's.  Everyone there.  Drew names for Christmas.
April 5, 1994:  Snowed last night.
April 8, 1994:  No Pinochle Club.  Mildred Krueger's funeral.
April 9, 1994:  Greta and I went to Sioux City.  I got material for a new dress for Jayson's wedding."

I know this is an oft-repeated story by me, but I cannot think of drawing names for Christmas without remembering the time Bill put his name on all the slips of paper.  It was only when one of the husband/wife teams compared notes that it was revealed what he had done.  Of course, it was doubly funny because Bill was on the short list of those names no one wanted to draw.  Not that we dont' love him, he is just more difficult to buy for.  But now we do the swap-and-grab or whatever you want to call it and do not draw names anymore.  And that is quite fun by itself.

I must say Grandma was slacking off there a bit -- the wedding was in late May and here she is only buying fabric in early April.  What a procrastinator!

I can't let this chance to use the photo of Bill in his underwear go by, so here it is.  Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment