Thursday, February 6, 2014

Whispering!


October 25, 1931 - We didn't do much in particular today.  This afternoon we gathered up our belongings and Mother moved back to town.  Ray took me to Walker's this evening.
October 26, 1931 - This was certainly a Blue Monday at school today.  I kept the 4th grade Arithmetic Class in tonite after school.  I got oodles of mail today, but it was all advertisements.  I went to church with the kids tonite.  After church they had a party for the Presiding Elder at Rev. Brown's home.  We had a good time.  Mr. and Mrs. Walker didn't go because Mrs. Walker hasn't been feeling good today.
October 27, 1931 - School was just about as bad today as it was yesterday.  The wind just about blew us off the hill.  Four pupils had to stay after school for whispering.  Evelyn isn'st feeling well this evening.  I copied Civics outline tonite.

I know it was because it was during school hours and that is why the four pupils were in trouble, but I despise whispering in my presence.  I am such a meanie that the granddaughters are not allowed to whisper in the car with me.  I am not sure why it bothers me so much, but argghh!!

Did you know it is somewhat difficult to find a photo of wind?




No comments:

Post a Comment