Saturday, February 22, 2014

We'll get there eventually


November 30, 1931 - Mrs. Walker's mother and brother were hear (sic) this evening.  They picked out their pieces for their Sunday School Program.  Evelyn did some typing.  Mildred, Bud, Mr. Walker and I played Rook.  Myron went to Madison yesterday to go to school at Newman Grove with his cousin.
December 1, 1931 - I sent Dorothy and Hazel's playbooks home with their mothers today so they could start studying.  This evening we played some more Rook.
December 2, 1931 - We practiced the play tonite for the first time.  I think it is going to be real good.  It surely has some funny places in it.

I don't know that I have all that much to add to this, so I'll leave it be.

I did peek ahead (not every day, but hit-and-miss) and it appears that for the rest of 1931 and a good part of 1932, Grandma was going to dances with Uncle Ray.  She and Grandpa were not an 'item', I think, until sometime in 1933.  He does have a mention or two before then, however.  I just thought I would toss that out there in case anyone was beginning to get curious and/or impatient.  I know I am!

I have been collecting direct-line family wedding photos for Dane; he and Alison will be doing something with them for their wedding.  I was pleased that I had most of the photos he needed already scanned on my computer.  It won't take too much more to complete what we have available to him.  One photo I did not have, but knew I had seen, was Grandma Anna and William Andersen's wedding portrait.  Thankfully, Nancy had an original and had she not been able to lay hands on it, Mom had a version of it, too.  Good thing we are keepers of stuff.  After all that, I thought I would share it here.  I think it is a wonderful photograph.


No comments:

Post a Comment