Sunday, February 23, 2014

A different feller


December 3, 1931 - Evelyn came up to the schoolhouse today and played the piano for the kids so they could practice their Xmas songs.  The kids put up the stage and we made posters. We practiced this evening on our play.
December 4, 1931 - The posters were finished today.  I expected Ray to come after me early but he didn't.  Ray and Ola came after me.  I went to Hoskins and found Mayme.  She gave me some of her entertainment books.  She coaxed me to go to the club dance.  I changed my clothes up at Bernice May's.  Ray went home and came back.  I had every dance.  I went home with Alex Bruse.
December 5, 1931 - Mother started lining my coat today.  We looked at the proofs and decided upon the picture we were going to have finished.  We went to bed quite early.

Alex Bruse is a new one for me.  Perhaps some Winsiders know who he was.

Every dance!?  Very nice.  No wonder Grandma went to bed early the next night.

I am guessing Evelyn was a bit older than the girl in the photograph.

1 comment:

  1. Alex Bruse was from Hoskins. Here we get into the small world category. His wife worked at Andrews Van Lines. She was the bookkeeper. Knew her well.

    ReplyDelete