Thursday, February 13, 2014

More determination than me, or is it I?


November 15, 1931 - Mother and I went to church this morning.  A sort of sleet is coming out of the sky today.  Mother and I walked out to Ola's.  We wanted to see the baby and it didn't look as if Ray would come in after us.  Annie gave me her program books to use to get ready for my program and box social.  Ray took me to Walker's this evening.
November 16, 1931 - Today is Mr. Walker's birthday and I gave him the 45 suckers I promised him Friday.  He was surely surprised, I guess he didn't think I'd really give them to him.
November 17, 1931 - I went over to Lydia Wittler's tonite with the Walker kids.  We girls quilted on a quilt of Lydia's.  It was my second attempt at quilting, but I didn't do so bad as I might have.

I like babies a lot, but to walk what I think was a pretty good ways to see one in the sleet?  I don't think so.  And he isn't the baby in question, but Uncle Ray could probably be called a baby in this photo, so there ya go.

I am guessing Mr. Walker turned 45 years old.  Yes, I'm pretty much a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment