Friday, February 7, 2014

A Halloween shocker


October 28, 1931 - Today has been a cold and gloomy day.  I got my examination questions today.  Mildred went with Rev. and Mrs. Braun, Lydia Wittler and Dorothy Jochens to a Young People's Convention at York today.
October 29, 1931 - It's trying to snow today.  I started giving exams today and it's some job.  I popped popcorn tonite for my Halloween party tomorrow afternoon.  Mr. Walker and the boys are fixing a "shocking machine" for tomorrow nite, and it's watch out if you don't want a shock.
October 30, 1931 - We had our Halloween party this afternoon.  The kids seemed to enjoy themselves.  This evening Ray and I went to the League's Halloween party.  We surely had a good time.

A shocking machine!!  Boy, I wish I could have seen that.  The Walkers must have thought a lot of Grandma to go to that trouble for her party.

Grandma and popcorn makes me think of Grandpa and popcorn.  He surely knew how to pop it on the stove.  And several of us remember him popping some for we travelers to take back on our drive to Lincoln to keep up awake.  Fine memories.  We also remember that his pot was not that shiny and he did not wear black nail polish.

Mitch learned to pop popcorn like Grandpa, but that was some time ago.  I wonder if he can still do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment