Friday, February 14, 2014

Late??


November 18, 1931 - We got up later than usual this morning and it was after eight before I got to school.  I played ball this noon and during second recess.  Mr. Walker's mother was here and stayed all night.  I worked late correcting papers this evening.
November 19, 1931 - I played ball with the kids this morning.  It started raining about noon.  I corrected papers and made out report cards this evening.
November 20, 1931 - It's rained practically all day today.  Ray came after me about 5:30.  We went over to Miller's this evening.  Mrs. Schmoll died Wednesday and is being buried in Iowa.  Mrs. Miller didn't want the house to be empty at nights while they were gone, so Mother is staying there.

Late getting to school due to oversleeping.  I would have teased Grandma had a known about this.  Geesh, barely into her first teaching job and she's sleeping in.  Wow!

Can you believe it?  Of all the photos I have scanned and ready to go, there is not one of someone sleeping?  Well, other than a teeny baby and that isn't what I was after.  I know this family has taken photos of adults laying around sleeping, but not one is scanned and ready to go.  So, instead, here's another of Grandma and Uncle Ray being cute little kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment