Monday, February 3, 2014

The Ralph?


October 16, 1931 - Up before the sun again this morning.  I got a ride to school with Mr. Walker.  I was at school by 7:30.  We put up our Halloween decorations today.  Ola and Ray came after me about 7 o'clock.  Uncle Hans came back from Rochester today.  Ray and I went to the barn dance at Schellenberg's tonite.  I had a good time.  Wayne Williams took me home.
October 17, 1931 - Annie was up for breakfast today for the first time since the baby was born.  The baby surely has grown this last week.  I helped Mom with the Saturday work and also did my washing.  Ray and I wanted to go to Hoskins but Mother said "No!"  We all played pinochle.  I washed my hair and took a bath tonite.
October 18, 1931 -  Ray and Ola went pheasant hunting this morning.  We got up at 5 o'clock.  They took me to Alice's so I could get my hair fixed.  We got them out of bed.  We were back home at 10:30.  Ralph and Ervin R. came out to Ola's and I went with them up to Uncle Hans'.  Nobody home so we stopped in at the farm and visited Florence S.  Ray brought me back tonite and I went to bed at 9:30.

Grandma has mentioned trips to Rochester quite a bit.  Can someone tell me what that was all about, if they know?  (I guess one can't tell unless they know . . . )

I wonder how emphatic Grandma Anna was that she got an exclamation point.  I don't think I ever saw her that riled up, but this is 30+ years before I was even born so what do I know.

I am guessing Ralph is Ralph Kahler.  If so, he got a mention without commentary so perhaps they were well over their breakup.

Those are some gen-u-wine 1930's Halloween decorations in the photo.  Rather cute, some of them.

Oh, and Happy Birthday to Grandma!!

No comments:

Post a Comment