Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Gearing up for Halloween


October 22, 1931 - It cleared up this noon and this afternoon was just lovely.  We had cornbread for supper and was it good. Mayme called me up this evening. I'm going to go up to her place tomorrow nite and get some things from her.  I made out my report cards this evening.
October 23, 1931 - Ray came after me this evening.  We went up to Hall's and I got the balloons Mayme ordered for me.  We went to Annie's.  Ola and the boys are gone this weekend to Rochester to see Aunt Lena.  Mother and Ray are staying with Annie.
October 24, 1931 - I washed my clothes today and tried to help with the housework.  This evening Ray and I took the Chevie and went to Hoskins to the dance.  We had a pretty fair time.  Ola and the boys came back this evening.
\
At first I was thrown by why Grandma would be getting balloons.  Then I figured maybe it was for the Halloween party at school.

Obviously it is Aunt Lena that was at Rochester, but I still do not recall hearing why that was necessary.

Yes, that's how Grandma spelled Chevy.

I don't know that Dale and I made this fabulous dummy for Halloween, but I thought I would throw this in.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you made it for Halloween or not. I remember that you made it and then called me to the bathroom. You were pretty proud of yourselves - and rightly so.

    ReplyDelete