Monday, August 13, 2012

Still in the hospital

"January 16, 1993:  Gaylord and Lois took Helen to Omaha.  John is at Clarkson Memorial Hospital in intensive care.  Doctor told Helen to go home -- she'd get sick too if she stayed.
January 17, 1993:  I called Nancy in a.m.  In p.m. she, Tom and Merilyn visited John.
January 20, 1993:  Snowed most of the day -- had 5 - 6 inches.  No wind to speak of so no drifts.  I was to have Busy Bees but meeting postponed until next month."

It was a rather tough spell for both Aunt Helen and Uncle John during these couple months.  To me such things seem even worse when they happen in the cold of winter.  Yikes.  I just realized that in a few days from this post I had my 31st birthday.  No wonder I can't remember some of this stuff -- that was eons ago.  31??  Heavens!

And just to make myself feel even older, here's a photo from high school where I was rockin' my red band uniform.  I loved that horn.  Even it is old now.  I need to go lay down and rest a bit . . .

1 comment:

  1. I hate to admit it, but I just don't remember Uncle John being in the hospital.
    But, I don't remember the red band suit either. Just goes to show ya, don't ask me about anything!

    ReplyDelete