Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Christmas party and doll feasting

"December 12, 1992:  Nancy, Mary and Mitch came this morning.  In p.m. to Lois and Gaylord's.  Those present were Elmer, Myrtle, Lois's family (Dana had to work and couldn't come), Joan, Monte, Bob, Mary, Irene, Dorothy Jo, John, Helen, Greta, Mary, Mitch, Nancy, Howard and I.  Before coming home we drove through the campus of the college to view the Day Christmas lights.
December 13, 1992:  Nancy carried down gifts, decorations, etc. from upstairs.  Started to snow about 10:30 or 11:00.  Nancy, Mary and Mitch headed for Lincoln a little before 1:00.  Nancy home and unpacked by 4:00.  The snow ended at Wisner and rain from then on to Lincoln.  We had 2 to 3 inches of snow."

Gosh.  Another entry for the family Christmas already?  Time flies when you post about three entries a day and when Grandma hadn't written something for each and every day to begin with.  I do remember our drive through the campus to look at the lights.  Mitch was at a good age to enjoy it which made it even more fun.

Here's a 1962 Christmas photo of me with a Christmas doll where I am trying to prove what a big mouth I have by completely swallowing its head.  The dress is long gone, but I do believe that is the same doll I have sitting on a shelf in my dining room right now.  I have always loved those type of glasses Mom is wearing.  I want some the next time I get frames.  Retro is in, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment