Thursday, August 2, 2012

New glasses and quilt progress

"November 14, 1992:  Warren J. took Howard to Norfolk in a.m. to get his new glasses.  John put on storm windows in p.m.  Helen and I "Scrabbled".
November 15, 1992:  Went to church.  Started cutting out the pieces for Greta's green Storm at Sea quilt.
November 17, 1992:  Finished piecing the top of Nancy's Storm at Sea -- except for the border."

The Storm at Sea pattern looks confusing to me so I would have to have quilts of two totally different color schemes to pull that off without goofing it up, like maybe purple and lime green.  But Grandma was a pro, so blue and green schemes were probably no problem for her at all.

That's all I have, I'm afraid.  So instead of torturing my brain to think of more, I'll just post a photo of Mom smiling about the prospect of having a Storm at Sea quilt some day in the future.  I like the stylish bend of her knee there.

1 comment:

  1. Quite a pose I had there wasn't it. And I can remember that dress. It was yellow with brown trim. Can't tell if it was rick-rack or bias tape.

    ReplyDelete