Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Eyes

"November 11, 1992:  Bonnie F. drove for me to Dr. Sprik at Norfolk.  My eyes haven't seemed to be any worse.
November 12, 1992:  Lila took Howard and me to Dr. James in a.m. for Howard to get new glasses.  He fell Monday night when taking the garbage out to the street.  Scratched lenses and bent frame of his glasses -- also has some nasty sores on forehead and nose -- a real pretty sight!!
November 13, 1992:  Pinochle at Ella M.'s -- I got low."

That first entry is verbatim how Grandma wrote it.  I don't think she proofread it, though. Or else it is proper English and I am not recognizing it as such.

I do seem to remember hearing about Grandpa's fall and messing up his glasses and such.  I thought I saw his war wounds but in looking at Grandma's entries, we weren't up all that soon after this happened.  So either I am thinking of something else, or he was still banged up when we all came up a couple of weeks later for Thanksgiving.  Either is possible, I suppose.

I don't have a photo of Grandpa all messed up, but here I am with a skinned nose.  Never mind how I got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment