Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bad weather and bad luck at cards

"April 13, 1993:  Bad day -- rain, sleet and hail pellets!!
April 14, 1993:  WELCA -- cold and cloudy.
April 15, 1993:  Jean, Hank and two granddaughters here.
April 16, 1993:  Pinochle Club's play off party was here.  Laura, Ella, Ida and I were the losers."

I am guessing even in the confusing-to-me game of Pinochle, losing is bad so that's why I mentioned bad luck at cards.  But I am open to correction.  I really need to figure out how to play Pinochle just to make sure I am a well-rounded person.

I wish I remembered Hank better.  By all accounts he was a great guy.

I don't know if it was raining or sleeting or hailing on the day this photo was taken, but it does look like it was a chilly day at least.

1 comment:

  1. May have been chilly but you both are all smiles. You're both too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete