Sunday, August 12, 2012

Something else I don't remember


"January 13, 1993:  Women of ELCA meeting.  It was too icy and cold for me to go."
January 14, 1992:  John and Helen took Howard along to Wayne so he could have his glasses adjusted.  While eating lunch John had a piece of chicken lodge in his esophagus.
January 15, 1993:  John went to doctor -- then to hospital and at 10:00 p.m. by ambulance to Omaha."

I feel badly that I don't recall Uncle John going to the hospital for choking on some food.  I do remember when Aunt Irene was choking at La Paz.  I think it was when we went out to eat after Dale and I graduated from UNL, but not sure.  Bill tried to do the Heimlich manuever but was unsuccessful.  Someone else in the restaurant took over and was able to dislodge the food.  I think Bill said something later about how he wasn't being forceful enough because it was his little aunt he was working on.

I think I used this photo before, but it was the only one handy that had Uncle John in it.  I figured he should be featured since he went to the hospital and all.

2 comments:

  1. I do remember when that happened. Tom, Merilyn and I went up to Omaha to see him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom looks kind of crabby doesn't she? Nobody except Bill looks very happy.

    ReplyDelete