Thursday, August 9, 2012

Cookies galore!


"December 18, 1992:  Mailed last of Christmas cards today.
December 19, 1992:  Started on Christmas cookies -- 3 days for the baked ones -- over 970 cookies.  Snow still on ground from a week ago.
December 24, 1992:  Beautiful weather.  Helen, John, Greta, Lester, Dorothy Jo, Mary, Rick and Mitch here in evening for soup supper and gift exchange."

That's a LOT of cookies!  I thought, well, I'll find out how many dozen that is and then it won't sound like so many.  Wrong.  970 cookies is over 80 dozen.  That sounds like more to me, actually, than the number of cookies themselves.  I know I probably won't ever make that many in three days.  Well, not until I retire at least.

Here's a snowman we made in 1997.  He is still my absolute favorite snowman.

No comments:

Post a Comment