Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A bit of this and that


"January 26, 1993:  Helen and I Scrabbled in p.m.
January 28, 1993:  Greta took Howard and me to see Irene in the evening.  She seemed pretty good.
January 30, 1993:  Brought amarylis up from basement."

Not a lot going on at the end of January 1993 but that's okay.  Not all excitement is good excitement.

Here's a photo of Aunt Irene and Aunt Marina.  I have to believe it was taken in the 1990s sometime after Aunt Irene went to live in Norfolk.  It is an especially nice shot of Aunt Marina.  I like that she is holding on to Aunt Irene -- she was a touchy person, but in a good way, even to we reserved Scandinavian types.  The picture also shows the sleigh bells, the mug rack and the bottom of the shelf that held the clock -- all things I remember with fondness.  And the chair Aunt Irene is sitting in, the one I always forget the name of.  Those were the days, right?

2 comments:

  1. The chair was called the Morris chair. I don't know if that was a name for that style or what.
    I do remember that the back of the chair would recline. But don't ever remember anyone ever doing that. Must have been broken. This chair is the one us kids were sitting on in that picture that seems to be the only inside picture ever taken when we were kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right. I knew it was a proper name, just couldn't recall. Where did this chair end up, if you remember. Now I have to look at that particular photo again . . .

      Delete