Friday, July 6, 2012

Silly temps, silly Grandpa

"July 18, 1992:  49 degrees at Norfolk last night -- coldest since 1922 on this date.  Greta took me to Norfolk to open house for Edwin's 80th birthday.
July 19, 1992:  Greta took Helen, Dorothy Jo and me to Pilger to church -- the three churches had services together.  Howard, Raymond and I played Kings Wild in p.m.
July 20, 1992:  We snipped and cut up beans for Greta to can."

49 degrees?!?  I would welcome that in a heartbeat right now.  For about 15 minutes and then I would want it to warm up a bit, but not to the 102 we are supposed to see today or whatever crazy number they are forecasting.

I found some more pictures and are itching to use them, but nothing in Grandma's journal has any correlation to the photos.  I may have to go rogue. . . .

Since we recently had the family reunion, here are two photos from the 1991 reunion.  The photo-taking session was over and Grandpa was pretending to not be able to get up.  So, his dutiful nieces, Jean and Marjorie, came to "help".  Dane is "helping", too.  Mainly moral support, I think.  I have seen that particular expression on Grandpa's face a million times.



Then this is what happened after Grandpa realized I took a picture.



I've also seen that expression a million times.

1 comment:

  1. Love these pictures. Can't you hear all three of them laughing?

    ReplyDelete