Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Air conditioner



"July 5, 1992:  Rain this morning.  Nancy left for Lincoln about 4:15.
July 7, 1992:  Dorothy Jo and Betty Jo came here soon after dinner -- later we went to Helen's.  Had the air conditioner on tonight for the first time this year.
July 8, 1992:  WELCA this p.m."

Wow.  That's a bit crazy to have early July the first day for the a/c to be turned on.  Glad it worked out that way, but it's hard to imagine this year especially.

Grandma didn't say so, but I am guessing Nancy left at 4:15 p.m., not a.m.

Here's Grandma speaking at Dale's graduation in 1977.  No particular reason for posting it -- just hadn't used it yet.

I found this letter and wish I would have added it when I was posting about December 1991, but it's never too late.  Just a letter, nothing terribly special, but I saved it.

December 27, 1991

Dear Mary, Rick and Mitch,

Wasn't Wednesday a wonderful day?  I surely hope Rick didn't get too tired.  It was so nice to see him moving around so easily.  Of course, we didn't know when he was hurting.  Anyway, weatherwise/healthwise it was a wonderful Christmas Day.

Well, I've read my book "Miss Adams, Country Teacher" -- a most delightful book to read.  Now I'm going to let Rose Thies read it.  I know she'll enjoy it.

December 30, 1991

I must have been sidetracked -- hope to finish this now.  It looks as if today will be another cloudy, dreary day.  We'd like to see the sun again.  I hope Howard thanked you for the Certs -- sometimes he's forgetful -- but he was glad to get them.

It was so much fun to see Mitch walking around.  I'm anxious to see him manipulate the step here from the dining room to the porch.  It was fun to see Dane master it and will be just as much fun with Mitch.

I'm going to start working on quilts again.  I won't put one in the frame until after my birthday.  I have lots to sew in the mean time.

Happy New Year to you guys.

Love, Grandma and Grandpa

No comments:

Post a Comment