Sunday, July 29, 2012

Halloween, twice

"October 29, 1992:  To Norfolk in evening with Greta -- visited Irene.  Workers brought their youngsters for Trick or Treat.
October 30, 1992:  Pinochle at Elsie J.'s.
October 31, 1992:  Light rain in p.m. and evening.  Only 17 here for Trick or Treat.

I hadn't heard about the nursing home employees bringing their kids for Trick or Treating.  What a nice gesture.  I'm sure a lot of the residents/patients enjoyed the little faces.  I like the word "youngsters", by the way.

I don't know that Grandpa ever wore this nose for Halloween, but he certainly could have.

I have plenty of childhood memories of Halloween.  One recently came to mind when the father of one of my Norfolk elementary school friends died.  I don't remember what I wore for clothing, but one year I had a mask of a lady with red hair.  Not real hair, but shaped on the mask like the face.  I remember the face was rather normal-looking, but serious, too.  I guess maybe it looked very funny on a little girl because this particular dad laughed and laughed when I came to the door and made me come in and show his wife.  Funny what you remember from when you were a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment