Thursday, July 5, 2012

Picking beans


"July 14, 1992:  Greta picked two pails of green beans.
July 15, 1992:  TOPS.  Greta picked another pail of beans.
July 16, 1992:  I helped Greta can beans tonight -- 11 pints.
July 17, 1992:  Greta canned 11 more pints in morning.  She and Lester met Raymond at Omaha airport about 9:00 p.m."

Grandma reported that I picked peas awhile back.  I think I would rather do that than pick beans.  Beans blend in even more than peas do.  They pretend to be thick stalks and hide from the picker.

The photo is a tad too late to be timely, and I am certain this is not the same screen painting frenzy that was in previous posts.  But it shows what went on.  Those might be some of my mudpie dishes at the foot of the tree, but I'm not sure.  It also looks suspicuously like painting supplies.  For some reason, though, my mind went back to the fabulous time I had making mudpies.

No comments:

Post a Comment