Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Chillin' and then not

"August 7, 1992:  In the last two days we've had a good 1 1/2 inches of rain.  Still using two blankets to cover with at night.
August 9, 1992:  Greta, Dorothy, Helen and I went to Stanton church for joint services.  Then to Norfolk and took Irene to eat at the Village Inn.  Hot today -- no rain for 2 days!!
August 11, 1992:  Rain and wind last night.  Put the border on Jayson's quilt top."

I wonder what temperature Grandma considered hot given the days and days of cool.  As my one science teacher taught me, temperatures are constant but "hot" and "cold" changes with a person's perspective.  I can't remember his name.  He was very funny and wore cool shoes.

Here's a cool photo I found.  I recognize Aunt Margaret, Aunt Myrtle, Little Grandma, and Aunt Clara.  The woman on the right with the purse on her lap and the one standing with her head turned I am unsure of.  The one standing could be Mom but I wouldn't be the farm on it.  Maybe half the farm.  I really like Aunt Clara's smile.

1 comment:

  1. The lady with the purse in her lap is Aunt Kate - Little Grandma's sister and Dora's mother. The other one isn't me - but I don't know who it is.

    ReplyDelete