Friday, July 27, 2012

Busy, busy

"October 17, 1992:  Dane here in a.m.  Baked, etc. in p.m.  Went to German Dinner at auditorium in evening.
October 18, 1992:  Lois, Gaylord, Mark, Jeff, Nancy and Irene here for dinner.  Lois brought Irene.  Greta, Dane, Helen and John here in p.m.  Killing frost last night -- 20 degrees this morning.
October 20, 1992:  John and Helen took us to Pierce for flu shots -- no doctor there so couldn't get them.  Went on to Norfolk and visited Irene -- then to WalMart's and I bought a new Tappon microwave.  Charles J. plowed the garden."

A busy few days there between having guests and baking and going downtown and cooking a dinner and travelling and shopping.  No wonder Grandma didn't plow the garden herself -- too tired!

Since Aunt Irene got a couple of mentions, she gets to be featured in my Photo of the Day.  I have that wooden rack on my desk and it has a few birds on it.  One of the birds in the photo looks familiar -- I may have gotten it from her things or else I have one very similar.  I'm becoming a bit of a bird lover and bird collector myself as of late.

1 comment:

  1. This was probably the time that Dane knocked over his drink at least three times at the German dinner. He just couldn't sit still I guess. Think we used up a lot of napkins.

    ReplyDelete