Monday, July 16, 2012

1992 had some weird weather


"August 25, 1992:  Rained last night and today, over 1.5 inches.  Helen and I played Scrabble here in p.m.
August 26, 1992:  Cool -- had furnace going.
August 27, 1992:  Merle and Arnold Knicker came in morning. They have an Apollo RV -- real nice.  Greta came in evening to visit with them.
August 28, 1992:  I made Danish pancakes for Merle and Arnold.  They left about 9:00 a.m.  Will go to Indiana -- then on to New England to see fall colors -- hope to be home in time to vote!!!"

I don't know who was the most excited for the Knickers to be able to vote, them or Grandma but I love the three exclamation points.  I never talked politics with Grandma and Grandpa.  I have no idea how they felt about such things.  If comments were made when I was young, I have forgotten them.  I get a kick out of couples that go vote religiously even though they know they are cancelling out each others' votes every time.  I am also reminded of Nancy's story of when she did some phone survey work as a part-time job.  More than once the wife she was talking to had to consult with her husband to find out who she was voting for before she could answer Nancy.  Now, that's not good.  But voting is good.  Very good.

A photo toast to voting courtesy of Grandpa and Aunt Irene.

1 comment:

  1. What a great picture of a brother and sister who truly enjoyed each other. I have those glasses whenever you want to drink a toast to them.

    ReplyDelete