Friday, March 30, 2018

Better weather


Tues., February 4, 1936 - Cold, clear and blowing today.  Goodlings, Earl, Verdelle Mae, and Herbert N. were the only ones at school.  We got through at 1:30 and the kids went home.  Mr. Nieman came at 3:00 for us.
Wed., February 5, 1936 - Everybody back in school today.  Nice sunshiny day, but pretty cold.  Howard came up to school tonite, so I got a ride home.
Thurs., February 6, 1936 - Have been feeling punk as the dickens this week.  I'm getting rheumatism in my right hip again.  We had hash for hot lunch.

I am not overly fond of cold weather, but there is something about a sunshiny, yet cold day in winter that is invigorating and refreshing.  As proof, here's a photo of me this winter on a sunshiny day, cold enough that my hair and hat is frosted from my breath.  I guess the hay stuck to my face has nothing to do with it, but it completes the look, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment