Friday, March 23, 2018

Too cold for me


Mon., January 20, 1936 - The kids made a snow house in the bank of snow near the snow fence in John Mann's pasture.  They're having quite a time with it.
Tues., January 21, 1936 - The kids have 2 rooms in their snow house.  We had baked beans and mashed potatoes for hot lunch.  Grandmother 83 years old today.
Wed., January 22, 1936 - Jean and Marjorie came home with Verdelle Mae tonite.  They had a grand time playing.  Some thermometers registered 24 degrees below most of the day.

I don't know how cold it was this particular Monday and Tuesday, but bully for the kids for building a snow house.  When it get awfully cold, I don't even take my dog outside to do her business anymore.  I took two lengths of baling twine to extend her leash and now I stand inside while she has enough length to find the right spot.  Brrr!  That's the real her in the photograph, not just some random dog photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment