Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Car troubles, or rather trouble with a car


Thurs., January 2, 1936 - Schoolhouse cold this morning.  Ray brought me to school and came after me.  To Carroll for installation tonite.  Ray went along.  We thought Sophia & John were going to have their charivari dance tonite but they're not having it until next Friday nite.
Fri., January 3, 1936 - Ray took me to school again.  I was going to drive but I had trouble starting the car.  Ray left it in that extra gear last nite and I couldn't get it out of that.
Sat., January 4, 1936 - Slept late.  Started a blouse out of my old green silk dress.  Ray went up to Uncle Hans' to the dance up there tonite.  I didn't care about going.

I do not know what kind of car Grandma was talking about, but here's a photo of the interior of a random 1935 automobile.  Quite different from today's cars to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment