Friday, March 9, 2018

Too busy to write until almost 1936


Wed., December 18, 1935 - Mr. Podoll came after Mrs. Podoll's dress.  He happened to mention that Alma was home.  So I went up there to tell her she was on the lodge Xmas treat committee.
.
.
.
Tues., December 31, 1935 - Didn't do much today.  Tonite I made my tally cards for tomorrow nite.  Went to bed about 10:30.
Wed., January 1, 1936 - Bernice Hoffman was here a few minutes this morning.  We worked like the dickens for the party tonite.  Francis, Hank, Don & Mildred W. weren't here.  We had oodles of oyster soup.

It seems Grandma had a very busy holiday season for her to miss so many days in her diary.  I am guessing she had lots of fun.

Oyster soup.  I have wanted so much to like it, but haven't gotten there yet.  It looks good (rather like potato soup, which I love) and smells good.  I tried just the broth once, thinking maybe the oysters themselves were the problem, but nope.  So far, oyster soup and I are not on good terms.  Photo from addapinch.com.

1 comment: