Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Quilting into the night


Tues., January 14, 1936 - We had bean soup at school for dinner.  Talked a lot again tonite.
Wed., January 15, 1936 - Snowed a little this p.m.  I went with Niemans to Fischer's to quilt.  When we came home at 12:30, three inches of snow were on the ground and still snowing, no wind.
Thurs., January 16, 1935 - Clear and no wind.  Ray and Mom came at 4:00 p.m.  We went up to Morris' to Sophia's shower.  The ladies were just leaving.  She rec'd a lot of nice presents.  We got home about 10:00.  Fired up at the schoolhouse before we went to Nieman's.

Unless it was a day off from school, I have to say the 12:30 arrival back home was a.m., not p.m.  Why am I not surprised?  Quilters gotta quilt.  I do not know who ended up with the quilt in the photo or even if it was one Grandma quilted for someone else, but I like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment