Monday, March 26, 2018

Sometimes winter is just no fun


Thurs., January 23, 1936 - Mr. Niemann took us to school in the lumber wagon.  Not quite as cold today.  Snowed again tonite.
Fri., January 24, 1936 - Mr. Niemann took me to town after school.  I went to lodge.  Only Mrs. Wolf and Laura Jensen were there so we didn't have any.  I stopped at Cora Brodd's to see a quilting pattern.
Sat., January 25, 1936 - I was going to Norfolk but the train was so late, I went back up the hill.  Miss Nuss was up this evening.  She brought a dress to be made.  Hank Koch's charivari party at Wacker's tonite,  I suppose it was too cold for the Iversens or they would have come.

Cold, snow, rides in lumber wagons, no-shows for events . . . like I said, sometimes winter is simply no fun.  So, here's a photo of me having a good time in winter.  Notice the big blob of snow stuck to the house between the window and the door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment