Thursday, March 29, 2018

Birthday blizzard


Sat., February 1, 1936 - Went to Norfolk on the train.  Saw Niemans and came home with them.  The oxfords I got at Buck's before Xmas were breaking out at the side.  I took them back and they gave me a new pair.  Tonite Mom and I went to Gormley.  Mom had four teeth pulled, and I had one wisdom tooth pulled.
Sun., February 2, 1936 - Frank Fleer & Edwin scooped out our street this morning.  I typed parts for the program.  Raymond brought Irene's typewriter in yesterday.  We had oyster soup tonite.  Howard was here, too.  He took me out to Nieman's tonite.
Mon., February 3, 1936 - Treated the kids to candy bars today.  Jean & Marjorie brought me a cream puff.  Pete C. & Temmes came at 3:00 for their kids.  A regular blizzard had started.  At times we could hardly see south to Nieman's.  The rest got rides home at 4:00.  Went to bed early.

Ah, cream puffs.  Such a wonderful food invention.  I know Mom has said she wonders why she doesn't make them more often, easy and so good.

Photo from cookieactress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment