Tuesday, April 3, 2018

So much for a break in the weather


Fri., February 7, 1936 - Wind started blowing about 2:30 causing snow to drift.  Howard came at last recess and said he probably couldn't come after me tonite if the wind kept blowing.  The wind kept blowing and by tonite it is blowing even harder.  I guess I don't get home this week-end.
Sat., February 8, 1936 - Wind still blowing.  Radio reports all highways and railways blocked.  Edwin B. called up and said Mom was glad I was out here, so I wouldn't have to worry about getting back tomorrow.  Embroidered this afternoon.  Tonite we played "I Doubt It."
Sun., February 9, 1936 - Wind still blowing but had lessened by evening.  Slim Goodling walked down here this p.m.  The highway was being opened this evening.

Grandma's handwriting is a bit hard to read, so I am not sure if Slim Goodling is correct.

Cold and snow and all that is not at all fun for some, but I can handle it for the most part.  The thing that gets me is wind.  It can take all the energy and ambition out of me in a heartbeat.  And of course, I live in Nebraska.  Go figure.

At least Grandma had her embroidery with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment