Monday, April 16, 2018

New names and sad news


Sat., March 21, 1936 - My rheumatism worse today than it's ever been.  Alma came down to see me this a.m.  This p.m. Henry Kahlers from Osmond, Mrs. Henry Schnellbecker, two Mrs. Busses, and Emil Kahler, all Kahler cousins of Mom's from Kansas were here.  They had been to a Dr. in Dakota and were on way home.  Irene & Helen took me to Lewis for another treatment.  Not going back until less pain.
Sun., March 22, 1936 - Didn't feel much better.  Ray came home in the forenoon.  Mom started putting hot epsom salt packs on my hip.  Drove out to Oscar Mann's about 5:00 to see if it would be all right if I didn't teach Mon. & Tues. so my hip would get better.  He said it was O.K.  We drove around and told Goodlings, Wackers, Davis & Fischers.  Howard here tonite.
Mon., March 23, 1936 - Mom continued her steam treatments.  Annabelle was here a little before school this morning.  Howard was here a few minutes tonite to see [me?].  Am going to try sleeping in a bed tonite after spending the last 2 nites in Grussfather's big chair.

I may have to crank up the genealogy research; those Kahler cousin names are brand-new to me.

I learned over this weekend that Marvin Andersen died.  Granted, he lived a good, long 90+ years, but this is still sad news to me,  There are obvious reasons, but one of them is you rarely see someone so happy and joyful that had such good cause to be mad at the world and to be bitter about what life had dished out.  While I am sure his family will miss him dearly, one can't help but think about the happy reunions he is having in heaven.  Especially with the sweetheart in the photograph above.

No comments:

Post a Comment