Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Nothing much on the good doctor


Wed., April 8, 1936 - Felt pretty tired and stiff today, a result of the treatment I guess.  Took my gift to the Goodling baby after school.  Niemans weren't home from Sioux City so I started supper.
Thurs., April 9, 1936 - Had another treatment at Smolski's after school.  Got home about 6:30.  Niemans had company tonite.
Fri., April 10, 1936 - Good Friday.  This p.m. we raked the school ground instead of having drawing.  Mr. Nieman took me into town right after school.  Went to church tonite, and then down to the Lodge.  Got there in time for lunch.

I was hoping to find some information on Mr. Smolski, but all I came up with was a findagrave.com entry with his birth and death dates (1893 - 1952) and that he is buried in Wayne County.  Ancestry.com tells me he was born in Poland and spoke Polish, listed his occupation as a doctor, and in 1930, lived in Wayne with his wife and seven children.  By 1940 his father-in-law was living with them.  But, that's all I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment