Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Grandma Anna was so nice


Tues., March 24, 1936 - Felt worse this morning after trying to sleep in bed last nite.  Mom hunted up Edwin.  Mom is going to use Edwin's car the rest of the week to take me to school so she can help me more with my janitor work and treat my hip.  Howard came in tonite.  We went to Niemans and told them my plans.
Wed., March 25, 1936 - Edwin brought the car this morning.  Mom started the fire for me.  She came after me at 4:45, swept the floor, etc.  I felt good today.  Slept in the big chair tonite again.
Thurs., March 26, 1936 - Edwin brought the car up again and had breakfast with us.  We decided at school today to make up one of the days this Saturday.  Mom went quilting at Fred Wittler's tonite.  Cold and snowy.

I wonder how long it took to "hunt up Edwin".  Nice to have a cheerleader for a mom.  And this is probably my most-used photograph, but I can't help myself, I like it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment