Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sorry about that


I was home for two days and since it was unplanned, I didn't bring Grandma's journal home with me.  Hence, no posts yesterday and the day before.  Back in the groove now, however.  I think.

"October 31, 2001:  Nancy took me shopping.  Bought a new coat.  Drove past Dale's new house.  Laid in a supply of groceries -- a senior discount on Wednesday.  Stayed at Nancy's part of the evening to watch the Halloween children.
November 1, 2001:  Myrtle called in a.m.  Mary, Mitch and Anna here in evening.  We played one game of Rummicube.
November 2, 2001:  Jayson and family came in the evening and brought Chinese food.  After we had eaten, put up pictures, clocks and items in the kitchen.  A lady came about 8:00 and said the pounding kept her awake!!!!  Sarah is quite a go-getter."

Not much of a segue there, but I bet Sarah was a go-getter.  She would have been a bit over one year old at that time.

I was pulling up floor tile in Grandma's unit (before she moved in, obviously) so the contractor could lay new flooring.  I suppose it was a bit late and I hadn't figured the tink-tink-tink sound of my screwdriver/wedge and hammer would carry.  Knowing now that it did, I didn't have a problem with someone calling me on it.  However, I did not like that the man scared me half to death since he did not knock on the door and wait for me to answer it, but instead, since he had a key, he just let himself in.  The first inkling I had of any problem was when he was addressing me quite emphatically with my back to him.  Holy cow, talk about civility!  Lucky for him I didn't over-react and toss a hammer at his head.  I recovered, apologized, and quit for the night.  I still think that was very rude.  Hrumphff!!

Sorry for the poor quality of the photo, but here is Sarah a few months after Grandma's journal entry.  I think she was probably still being chased around by her parents a lot of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment