Wednesday, January 16, 2013

New potatoes!


"June 29, 1995:  Howard gave Greta new potatoes.  June has been quite dry -- we could use a good rain.
July 1, 1995:  Nancy came -- helped put cages around tomatoes.  Ramon N. came -- helped Nancy.  Tom's came in evening.
July 2, 1995:  4th of July picnic at Dorothy Jo's.

I won't go again in to my love of potatoes.  Just nice to know the garden and Grandpa came through for Mom on her birthday.

And here she is, closer to her birth than she was in 1995.  Might have been a potato fan by then, but I'm not sure.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the potatoes weren't very big, but Daddy always came through making sure I had some new potatoes for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how I didn't manage to learn about that fine tradition until many years later. I don't remember getting new potatoes on your birthday when I was still at home. Oh, well.... :-)

    ReplyDelete