Monday, January 28, 2013

Changing clocks


"October 28, 2001:  Moved the clocks back an hour.  Nancy brought more "stuff".  Bill, Jenny and Patty here in evening.  Later Tom and Jeff came -- Tom brought Runza lunch.  He had been helping Dale do brick work.
October 29, 2001:  Talked to Ray in a.m.  Mary took me to Beauty College for hair-do at 5:00 p.m.
October 30, 2001:  ??"

My journal doesn't have question marks, but if I miss a day, I just put "a normal day".  If there was something extraordinary, I would probably remember so normal is fairly safe.

In other instances, I know Grandma had Mitch come over and change the clocks.  He was tall enough to reach them and seemed to be pretty adept at it.  Grandma was so tickled at how quickly he got them all done.

Someone in the know can correct me, but I believe this is Grandma and Uncle Ray.  If so, I wonder if that is their dad's hat's shadow at the bottom.

Oh, a point of interest.  A year ago yesterday was when I started this blog.  How time flies.  Or in the words of Grouch Marx, "time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

3 comments:

  1. It is good to get this written down. The blog is good.
    Jim H.
    Its Jim H. because of Mrs I.
    Also, is it its or it's.
    I am almost sure she said its.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Its" is used as a possesive such as "The cat is scratching its ear."
      "It's" is a contraction for it is such as "It's a Siamese cat."

      Delete
    2. That is the same thing my teacher said.

      Delete