Friday, January 25, 2013

Back to a slower pace


"October 24, 2001:  Mary, Mitch and Anna here in evening.  I showered and then we played Rummicube.
October 25, 2001:  Bill called -- Jenny is getting along fine.  Talked to Myrtle and Helen.  Nancy came in evening and we played Rummicube.
October 26, 2001:  Anna here in p.m.  We played Go Fish and Crazy Eight.
October 27, 2001:  Nancy, Mary, Mitch and Anna went to Winside to finish cleaning the house."

I am thinking Anna must have had the day off from school and Mitch didn't.  I wonder if I stayed home in the morning and took Anna to Grandma's for the afternoon so I wouldn't miss a whole day of work.  Regardless, I am sure they had a fine time.

Maybe Nancy remembers, but I am thinking those kids probably weren't a whole heck of a lot of help in cleaning the house.  Maybe they were the comic relief.

The picture is from a different cleaning day, but I thought this was a good opportunity to post the Four Hats photo.

3 comments:

  1. One of the stories I remember from Mrs. I was.. when building the elementary school, I think it was Tom?? that was employed there. Instead of taking a break, he worked so the others would have the material they needed. Kind of a life lesson for us 7 or 8th graders. Jim H I am thinking he used a tractor loader, an IHC??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say I don't even remember the 4 of us going up to Winside to finish cleaning the house. Maybe we let Mitch and Anna clean and we just sat around on the floor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe Tom did work on the new school. I didn't hear about him not taking breaks at times. Will have to ask the braintrust (Mom and Nancy, mainly) if they remember. And Nancy, me either on remembering the four of us up there. I bet the kids didn't clean though -- I would have recalled that for sure!

    ReplyDelete