Friday, January 4, 2013

Gadding about


May 16, 1995:  Helen and I Scrabbled.  Delmar J. put on screens.
May 17, 1995:  Has been sunny and no rain since Saturday night when we had a shower.  Busy Bees ate dinner at Prengers.
May 19, 1995:  Pinochle Club at Elsie J.'s.  Arlene R. gave me a ride.  Greta came after work and planted garden.
May 21, 1995:  Greta took me to church.  In p.m. to Norfolk -- Helen, Dorothy Jo, Greta and I.  We shopped first and then went to Bonanza's for Monte's graduation party."

My spellcheck like "gadding".  I guess I never was sure if that was a real word or not.

I found a box of 'stuff' and it's a bit of a treasure trove as far as this blog goes.  It is going to be difficult to not use it all up all at once.  First up, I just have to use this undated letter.  It made me laugh.

'Dear Marian,

We are busy writing to you, Dale, Mary and me.  They decided to make you a picture and I should write a letter to you I was told.

I read stories for two hours straight this afternoon before they would let me quit.  One I had to read twice.  We didn't get to the mulberry trees this afternoon.  We went outside awhile and Lloyd let them have his duck and goose calls to blow for awhile.  That lasted quite awhile.

They sure are good kids to mind.  If I say what I want them to do or not do firm-like they just mind.  I sure like kids that know how to mind.

We are baton twirling with our pencils.  Mary can do it without dropping it.  Dale and I can't.

Hope you are feeling much better.

Love,
Myrtle"

I wonder if both Lloyd and Aunt Myrtle went inside during the duck/goose calling demonstration.  That had to be most unpleasant for them, but totally delightful for the two of us kids.

For some reason I am not able to add a photo right now.  I will post anyway and try a bit later.

No comments:

Post a Comment