Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Horn tooting


"May 27, 1995:  Nancy came in morning.  We went to greenhouse in Wakefield for plants in p.m.  About 5:00 p.m. we had heavy rain with some hail.  To alumni banquet in evening.  The class of 1975 honored me -- paid for my dinner and gave me a corsage.  After Greg L. introduced the class, Brian W. said some nice things about me -- I got a standing ovation.
May 28, 1995:  From Friday evening until this morning we had over 5 inches of rain -- the rain gauge ran over.  To Dorothy Jo's in p.m. to visit Ronnie, Sheryl and Kristine, also Marjorie C.  Ronnie and Marjorie had come for class reunions in Laurel."

I do not think I am mistaken in saying this is one of the very few times I remember (I guess remembering is the key word here) Grandma tooting her own horn.  But it seems this was a well-deserved occasion to do just that.

I am glad May is almost over as I keep typing Mary instead of May and having to go back and correct.  I may have missed a few, but I don't want to know about it.

Semi-appropriate to what Grandma wrote about, here's a photo of Ronnie in or out of the basket, and Lloyd and Mom in the box

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. I deserved the standing ovation. She touched many lives.

    ReplyDelete