Friday, January 18, 2013

Grandpa back home


"July 13, 1995:  To Norfolk in a.m. and p.m. to see Howard.
July 14, 1995:  1/2 inch of rain in evening.
July 15, 1995:  Nancy came -- went to see Howard in p.m.  He's diabetic -- also has infection some place.  Raymond and Marina took Nancy and me to The Granary to eat.
July 16, 1995:  Howard called from hospital at 8:00 a.m. that he could come home.  Nancy and I went after him."

I am glad Grandma wrote this kind of stuff down.  I had no idea when it was that Grandpa was diagnosed as a diabetic.  I wouldn't have even been able to come up with a good guess.  Not that it's so important now, but I think it's good to exercise my brain a bit and put things in there to recall later.  Also, that kind of stuff makes me look smart.

The photo was taken in July, so Anna is less than a month old here but look at those healthy little thighs she has going on there.  This is during the time Mitch was heavily in to those temporary tattoos.  Now that he is old enough to get real ones, I am glad he doesn't have one on his face.  Anna might be getting back those tummy lines from being folded in half.  But she doesn't look to be unhappy about it.


2 comments:

  1. Howard was a good person. He helped my mother out much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of you to say. We all certainly thought he was one of the good guys.

    ReplyDelete