Thursday, January 10, 2013

Such romantics


"June 2, 1995:  Pinochle Club at Ella M.'s.
June 4, 1995:  Greta came in a.m. -- had flower bed by the street almost finished when it started to rain.
June 5, 1995:  Greta came after work and finished setting out the flowers.  I helped for awhile.
June 6, 1995:  Helen and I Scrabbled at her house.
June 7, 1995:  Our 59th anniversary.  Got a permanent in p.m."

Maybe they made goo-goo eyes at one another, but Grandma's brief notation on the date of a wedding anniversary seems to indicate when you get to 59, it's not horribly exciting.  Speaking of horrible, here's a cartoon of Hagar the Horrible that I found in the treasure trove box.  Obviously, Grandma saw the humor in it.  I could have manipulated the scan a bit to take out the background and make it lighter, but I thought I'd portray it as it really is instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment