Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A van?


"June 18, 1995:  Greta, Howard and I to Lincoln to Nancy's for Father's Day.  All the kids there -- weather was ideal.  Dale's got a "new" (to them) van.
June 23, 1995:  Sophia Morris and Arlene Lurz here in p.m.  I had Arlene R. play for me at Pinochle Club.
June 25, 1995:  To church in a.m.  Helen came here in p.m and we Scrabbled.
June 27, 1995:  Jean, Marjorie, Dorothy Jo and Helen here in p.m."

I am guessing the out-of-state folk were in town for the 4th of July even though it wasn't a big reunion year.  Which is very nice.

Either Grandma is playing fast and loose with the word "van" or I am totally forgotten that Dale and Lynn ever had one.  I just don't remember that or see them as van people.  But, as I have admitted on this blog before, I don't claim to remember much.

I have always liked this photo of Jean and Marjorie and Grandpa.  They certainly got a kick out of their Uncle Howard, and vice versa.

2 comments:

  1. This is also my favorite picture of these three special people. Oh how he loved to tease those two girls and they loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't you pretty much just hear the laughing and giggling going on there?

    ReplyDelete